Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Multi-Browser/OS Testing

So Scott Hanselman has a post up today about "MultiBrowser or CrossBrowser Testing and deconstructing Microsoft Expression Web SuperPreview". He mentions BrowserShots, and the Virtual PC versions of Windows that you can download, but I think he missed on important one and that is from Adobe.

Adobe has one called, BrowserLab, and this will emulate multiple browsers, as well as multiple operating systems. I have not fully tested this site yet, but our graphic designer showed me this site and it seems to cover most if not all the browser bases.

One of the nicest features is the Onion Skin. This feature allows you to take two browser views and overlay them so that you can see where they differ. Wow, is all I have to say about this feature. Where was this when I was freelancing as a designer/dev? This is a must in any designer or developer's toolbox.

Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment